Education Law Representing Students
Since 1992, our law firm has provided expert legal representation and legal counseling for students/parents in disputes with public and private educational institutions. We have considerable experience and expertise in representing students and, as indicated, parents in disputes with school districts (including those with elementary schools, middle schools and high schools), community colleges, public and private universities (including UCSD, USD and SDSU), county offices of education and private colleges.
Our managing attorney has practiced law for over 30 years. At the beginning of his legal career for five years he provided legal counsel to dozens of California school districts and community college districts ranging all the way from Chula Vista Elementary School District in the south to the State Center Community College District in the center of the state, to Eureka City Schools District in the north. He represented districts, including their governing boards in employment law and in student law matters. Beginning in 1992, when he founded the law firm, he (and the other attorneys of the firm) began to represent students as part of their law practice, and have done so many times since to include:
- Student suspension and expulsion
- Discrimination on the basis of disability, gender, race, national origin, etc.
- Disability accommodation matters
- IEPs, special education hearings and other special education matters
- Enforcing student or parental rights
- Athletic team participation disputes
- Schoolyard bullying/cyberbullying
- False advertising by private technical colleges or educational institutions
- Tuition disputes
- Grade appeals
- Court proceedings
- Counseling regarding legal matters
- Settlements of education law matters
- Physical injuries of students
With the unique perspective of having represented both educational institutions and, later, their students, the attorneys of the San Diego Education Law Group are well-positioned to provide expert legal advice and guidance for students and/or their parents. Additionally, with multiple attorneys plus ample support staff, the firm not only has the expertise to properly handle student rights matters, but the resources as well.
Our law firm has represented students and, if applicable, parents in complex legal matters against the vast majority of San Diego County school districts, community college districts, universities and private colleges.